Your furnace can keep you warm throughout winter. However, if you didn’t call a furnace service in Burbank, CA before the cold season comes, your home would feel like you’re in a freezer. Thankfully, there are simple steps you can do to ensure that the heating unit is ready for the wintertime.
Call Furnace Service in Burbank, CA
A furnace service includes a tune-up of your system. It’s a preventive heating service that ensures your house is as warm as possible during the colder season. An HVAC contractor will perform the following:
- Inspect the vent system
- Remove blockages
- Check heat exchanger
- Examine blower
- Inspect electrical connections
- Check the burner
- Examine belts
- Inspect thermostat
- Check air filter, clean and replace it if necessary
These are just some of the things that furnace maintenance involves. But each task is vital to ensure that the heating system will work properly throughout winter.
Read more about furnace service in Burbank, CA at AC Repair Glendale.
You have probably experienced this situation in your home often. You love your home at a comfortable, 72-degree level nearly all of the time, but your spouse, partner or kids want things cooler at 68. The constant battle over the thermostat can be more than everyone can take as people sneak and stealth back and forth, turning the temperature up and down all day and night. These actions not only cause friction in the family, but they can cause havoc with your energy bill as well. There has to be a better way that you can deal with all of this. More homes like yours today are turning to the use of multiple programmable thermostats as the answer for family and temperature harmony.
Zoning Changes Everything
When you have a traditional thermostat, the thermostat reads the air around itself in its immediate location and adjusts use based on that reading. Anything interfering with the air flow around it, causing more air or less air, will cause the thermostat to make adjustments in temperature. Older central air systems and thermostats may be even less reliable and cost you more money to operate in this manner, on top of keeping everyone in the home battling over the thermostat. Going for zoned thermostats can change all of that for you because:
- Better Control – With zoned thermostats, there is better temperature control for certain portions of the house. Your kids can have the cooler temperatures they want in their upstairs portion of the home while you can keep it warmer downstairs.
- Accounts for Different Home Areas – Every home has different areas that are hotter or colder than the rest of the house. This is unavoidable, but it can be problematic for you if your room is in an area that has a temperature that makes you uncomfortable. Zoning gives you the chance to compensate for that so you can adjust the temperature appropriately.
New Systems and Thermostats
The newer central air systems that you can get from services like American Clean Air and Heating are much more efficient to run, and when you combine them with thermostats like the Nest thermostat, it can make your system even better. These programmable thermostats are considered “smart” devices so that they learn from your likes and behavior in temperature and adjust on their own. This lets each area of the home optimize the temperature for the right situation and makes things more comfortable.
Find the Best Solution
Getting multiple programmable thermostats installed in your home when you go for air condition repair can be a good option for you. It can provide your home with better control over zoned temperatures to keep everyone happy and may end up saving you money on your utility bill as people fight less over the thermostat.
Call American Cool and Heat for your free estimate (818) 406-6000 or visit their website americancoolandheat.com
When you start to think about the warm weather, one of the first things you consider is your air conditioning. For some people, the AC may constantly run to keep the home at a comfortable temperature. For others, it may be something that only gets used on an as-needed basis, running on the really hot days and not much more than that. In either situation, while the AC is going to provide you with comfort, if your system is not maintained properly it can be dangerous to your health and others in your home. You need to be careful about the use of your AC and make sure you take care of the system the best way you can to stay cool and healthy.
The Health Risks You Run
Most people may not give a second thought to their air conditioning because they simply want it to provide them with the coolness they need at the moment. The problem is that overusing your system and failing to maintain it properly leaves you at risk to numerous health issues. If the system is not kept at its best through regular service and air condition repair, you run the risk of allowing dirt, allergens, and pollutants to enter your home. When this happens, you and your family are more susceptible to health problems like:
- Respiratory issues
- Dry Skin
Since many systems rely on the use of recirculated air to keep the air cool, the poor air quality may be pumping through your home for hours and hours, causing potential health problems for everyone.
Avoiding the Problems
What can you do to avoid the problems from occurring with your system? The solutions available to you are pretty simple and easy to follow. You can try things like:
- Opening windows and doors to allow fresh air into your home
- Cleaning and replacing air filters often
- Turning the system or unit off when no one is home
- Getting proper annual maintenance checks
Using all of these solutions can help you to vastly improve the air quality in your home and keep your air conditioning running at its best. It is always a good idea to have a professional service come in like American Clean Air and Heating to check over your system and perform annual maintenance. The checks and maintenance can help to clean the system properly, replace any worn parts, replace your filters and keep the system running at maximum efficiency.
It is Worth the Time and Effort
When you take a few simple steps regarding your air conditioning, you can make sure that the system works at its best and keeps you and your family cool. You will also find that you can avoid many of the typical health problems an unclean or poorly running system can expose you to along the way.
Contact American Cool and Heat for your free estimate (818) 406-6000 or visit www.americancoolandheat.com
If you take a look at your calendar, you can see that spring is finally here and hopefully, the winter weather is a thing of the past. Depending on where you live, you may already have signs of warmer weather on the horizon, with temperatures climbing into the eighties. It will not be long now before your thoughts turn to swimming pools, the beach and the hot months of July and August. While you prepare for all of this mentally, think about getting your home ready for all of this as well. In particular, you need to make sure that your air conditioning is primed for the summer weather ahead. Now is as good a time as any to take a look at your AC and see if it is fit to go.
Some Things You Can Do
There are some basic steps that you can take on your own to check out your air conditioning and make sure it is prepared for regular use. Most homeowners may not be familiar with the intricacies of a central air system, and you are better off leaving major air condition repair to experts like American Clean Air and Heating, but there are some things you can do to that can help, such as:
- Change Air Filters – If you know where the air filters are, you can easily swap them out on your own. After sitting for months without regular use, they are going to need changing. Experts recommend you change them every thirty days or so if you use your system regularly, so starting the season out fresh is a good idea.
- Look for Energy Saving Efforts – While this may not involve your air conditioning alone, now might be a good time for you to think about doing things like upgrading your thermostat. Newer technology has created much more advanced thermostats that give you better control over the temperature in your home, even giving you Wi-Fi access to set the temperature while you are away. Upgrading here can save you money on your utility bill.
- Arrange for Maintenance – It is always a good idea, before the summer season begins, to have an HVAC expert come into your home and look over your system. A professional can come in, do some basic cleaning and maintenance, check over everything, and make any minor or major repairs you might need so that your AC is perfect for use.
Steps Now Instead of Later
When you take steps now to get your air conditioning ready for summer, you can save yourself from potential headaches when that first really hot day rolls around, and your system is not working properly. If your system is in ideal condition right from the start, it will work its best and be highly efficient for you as the summer comes in so you can be comfortable right from the get go.
Contact American Cool and Heat for your free estimate (818) 406-6000 or visit their website http://americancoolandheat.com/